Reflections From The Rabbit Hole

Reflections From The Rabbit Hole

Thursday, July 2, 2015

When Everything Falls Away


When everything falls away
And night becomes day,
The only sound I want to  hear
Is the Sound of Silence.

For the past 2 weeks, it seems, the general public has been bombarded by news they all have an opinion on.

All the news channels have people nattering, people chattering, people stating their opinion, people protesting, people accepting, but somebody is always saying something until there is nothing else to say. Freedom of expression, freedom of speech, I support that, but enough is enough. An opinion is like an asshole, everyone has one. Enough is enough.

The flags, yeah, the flags, WTF is wrong with people = why don't they just accept what is going on and go on their way? If you have something to say, say it, but don't wear it out.

The American flag = everybody seems to love the American flag = a symbol of freedom =


The MIA/POW flag = it wasn't in the middle of the debates going on the past 2 weeks, but it is a significant flag = it helps us remember the POW/MIAs still missing after one of the most controversial wars of the past century. I wear one of the hats that display that logo on it = don't have a service record because back in the 1960s, gay people were not allowed to enter the service = but I support the director of Task Force Omega and told him I would wear it faithfully until every soldier who is missing or is a prisoner of war, had returned home. My choice to wear the hat, my freedom.


The Confederate flag = the knee-jerk reaction on all fronts to be "politically correct" means we are a nation of followers, not leaders.



As a gay man who has been faced with hatred, bigotry, prejudice and physical violence throughout my lifetime, the only thing I will say about the Rainbow Flag = it is a symbol of freedom for me to live the rest of my life on my own terms




When everything falls away
And night turns into day,
The only sound I want to hear
Is the Sound of Silence.






No comments:

Post a Comment