Reflections From The Rabbit Hole

Reflections From The Rabbit Hole

Friday, July 31, 2015



Every Life Tells A Story

In the time that I  have lived
And in the times that are to be =
My head has gone in circles
Of the things I got to see.

I've seen the sun rise,
I've seen the sun set.
I've seen people at their worst
And people at their best.


I've loved and I've hated.
I've laughed and I've cried.
I have mourned many times
At the time a soul has died.

My love and my grief
Go hand in hand
Because the more you love
The more you understand
Of how great a love can be
When it comes from the heart.

People mistake me for someone weak
When I show who I really am,
But in the face of all the odds
I come out the better man.

I was given a life I didn't want
And tried often to give it back,
But God had decided it was too late
For me to crack
Open another egg
To make myself into another.

I've stood on the brink of madness
And wondered whether I would fall
Into that world of darkness
Because I would never crawl
Back out of it 
To resume my unwanted life.

Every person is a book
And every book tells a story
Divided into chapters and pages
Telling good and bad things of a
Person's glory,
Whether untold or silent,
It's a book and a story
Forever written in a person's
Blood and sweat and tears
That leave scars on the soul
That never heal.

I laid aside my sword and shield
And tried to live a life of peace,
But every time I turned the corner
It became days of dire unease.

You see, I can see into your soul
And when you say you are my friend
Are you being sincere
Or are you trying to bend
The truth just a little bit?

I've had my time in the spotlight
And I've had many many turns
To bemoan my life as it is
But truth be told,
I will return
To the earth as ashes
On the mound of dirt
Of a beloved friend
That I will once again see
When I come to the end
Of my time on this Earth
Where I have spent time since birth
Taking up space and light and air =
Then I stand before God
Who sits on His Golden Chair
And invites me to sit a spell.











No comments:

Post a Comment