Reflections From The Rabbit Hole

Reflections From The Rabbit Hole

Monday, May 4, 2015

My Man, He Done Me Wrong


See this man = I was looking for someone on LinkedIn the other night and one of the people who it linked me to was the man in this picture = a man I've known since 1990. He was a mere boy then, a young adult, 23 years old and I had just turned 45.

I was captured by his boyish good looks and since I was recently divorced and living alone and looking for someone to landscape my yard, I got this flyer in the mail that advertised the services of two brothers = the Phillips brothers and this was one of them, Jason.

He and his brother showed up and landscaped my lawn and Jason stuck around, talking. I was getting ready to go to work and he still stuck around.

Before I knew what had happened, he approached me and you can guess everything that happened, not just that day but for the next 15 years, he became a part of my life, my financial life, so to speak. I spent money on him like it was going out of style. Money I didn't have, but he said he needed.




He used me up until he was ready to move on and I didn't see him again until he showed up on LinkedIn. Oh, I had talked to him in the interim, trying to re-connect, but somehow the connection never took place.

When I called him from the LinkedIn information, he told me had gotten married, to a woman fifteen years ago. His marriage and our relationship had somehow overlapped. Our relationship "formally" ended in 2005 after I moved back to Kentucky, but according to him, he had married in 2000.




The math wasn't right.

If you see him anywhere or know him personally = he lives in Phoenix, Arizona = go up to him and kick his ass for me, see if any of the money he owes me falls out of his pockets.

That was 25 years ago and boy have I moved on. Slowly moving, but I moved on. Still bitter and angry = somewhat, but it doesn't consume me like it used to, but I'll bet his wife would like to hear the story of his past, if he hasn't already told her, which I'm almost positive he hasn't, because secrecy was one of his biggest traits.

I never was "in love" with and I'm not sure I ever "loved" him. The one person I would have followed to the ends of the earth disappeared out of my life 50 years ago this year. Maybe that's why I've never "been in love" or "loved" anybody again, except my babies.

I lost "The One" = the one that got away, but the memories sustain me.

Until next time, this is The Last Word.




No comments:

Post a Comment