Reflections From The Rabbit Hole

Reflections From The Rabbit Hole

Monday, May 4, 2015

The Fool On The Hill


I see the world spinning 'round and around.

According to some sightings, I am the crazy man in the trailer with all the cats. Maybe it's me, or maybe it's not. It's all in the eyes of the beholder. Some people have told me that other people are afraid of me. Me! Little 'ole me! No!

Now, I have been known to cut people to ribbons with my words, but not physically. You know, step on toes = if the shoe fits, you know the rest.

The truth set me free. For other people, it would play utter chaos with their world = the truth, I mean.

These Pollyanna people have created a world where bad things don't happen, bad people don't infiltrate their circle of friends, nothing but nice things are said about them on Facebook.




Really?!

You name me a perfect world filled with perfect people and I will gladly sell you some swampland in Florida.




In the world of = selfies, profile pictures, Instagram, Twitter, etc. = the people who are caught up in the media frenzy that seems to infiltrate every corner of this globe don't see the other side of the screen = the computer screen where you can remain hidden, anonymous, self-serving, complimentary = I don't buy into a lot of the media hype, although I do like to read People magazine, I take some stories with a grain of salt, not bothering to pay any attention to the people who are way over-exposed = Queen  B, for example.



Enter the media world at your own risk = you see and hear what you want to see and hear and then tell me who the "fool on the hill" really is.



Until next time, this is The Last Word.





No comments:

Post a Comment